Spring Roll in a Bowl !
Maybe you’ve heard of “Eggroll in a Bowl”?
Well let me introduce you to Spring Roll in a Bowl.
I made Urvashi Pitre’s Asian Peanut Dressing this past weekend, and needed an excuse to scarf it down.
Excuse. Acquired. 🙂
- Shredded Cabbage (from a bag)
- English Cucumber
- Yellow Bell Pepper
- Carrots (pre-shredded, in a bag)
- Pre-cooked chicken breast, chilled (or pre-cooked, chilled shrimp!)
- Fresh Cilantro Leaves
- Urvashi Pitre’s Asian Peanut Dressing
- Break down your ingredients into smaller pieces where appropriate. (Spiralize, chop, julienne… whatever)
- Squeeze the cucumber pieces in some paper towels, to try and get out the excess moisture.
- Throw all reduced-in-size ingredients into a bowl, in random quantities however you see fit.
- Fling in some peanut dressing, and mix well.
- Scarf it down.
Dumpster Fire Level: 2 (Surprising Success)
It wasn’t spectacular, but it was definitely good. I’ve asked Urvashi Pitre to create a real recipe from this, to go with her peanut dressing — since I’m pretty sure my random ingredient selection was suboptimal. (It’s been awhile since I’ve actually had a spring roll. And it didn’t dawn on me that I coulda googled it. LOL)
» » » » » » The posts that launched it all: Dumpster Fire Chicken Curry Stew, and Dumpster Fire Pork Ribs